IADR Global Oral Health Inequalities Research Network (GOHIRN)
The IADR Global Oral Health Inequalities Research Network (GOHIRN) was approved by the IADR Council at the IADR General Session in June 2012, and had their first symposium at the IADR General Session in Seattle in March 2013.
The key objectives of the Network are as follows:
- To stimulate, promote and foster research on Global Oral Health Inequalities.
- To promote and encourage collaboration in research focused on Global Oral Health Inequalities, particularly with the wider health community;
- To promote interdisciplinary research collaboration among those with an interest in Global Oral Health Inequalities in research institutions, schools and other centers;
- To provide mentoring to junior faculty and students at all levels of training in terms of career development and research focus;
- To support IADR in promoting global oral health inequalities research and in collaborating with other international organizations;
- The goals for the Global Oral Health Inequalities Research Network include:
- Encouraging programs of excellence in global oral health sciences and international health within universities and other appropriate institutions, not confined to dental schools
- Encouraging capacity building initiatives in global oral health research.
GOHIRN are currently seeking nominations for Regional Councillors. Details of how to apply can be found here.
GOHIRN - report on business meeting (IADR Seattle, March 2013)